With 38 500 employees in more than 200 countries, COLGATE PALMOLIVE is one of the most global players amongst the world’s leading consumer goods companies. Colgate clearly focuses on the development of its 17 billion $ business in 5 major categories: oral care, personal care, household cleaning, fabric care and pet nutrition. Colgate is the true global leader in the oral care market, but also holds very strong regional leading positions within the other categories. Its appealing and innovative products under brand names such as Colgate, Elmex, Palmolive, Unicura Ajax and Sanex, are part of everyday consumer’s lives.
Therefore, we are looking for a:
CUSTOMER DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
For the sales department of Colgate we are currently looking for an experienced sales person. In the role as (sr.) Customer Development Manager you will be responsible for the drug customers AS WATSON & Etos for the whole product portfolio of Colgate within the Netherlands. You will deliver budgeted sales, profit growth, & share, whilst developing the operational and strategic partnerships between Colgate Palmolive and our Drug customers, within a sustainable, mutually profitable business model. In this role you will report directly to directly to Sjuul Franssen (Group Account Manager Drug). For this role specifically we are looking for a talented candidate who has the capabilities to grow further into the organization in the coming years.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the customer strategy, their shopper and how CP can optimize their brands and strategic intents within this environment;
- Co-Develop , communicate and implement a 3 year strategy which underpins the day to day business interactions with Customer contacts and is fully aligned across both businesses;
- Demonstrate commercial acumen in interrogating the business, in order to swiftly identify issues and opportunities for resolution/optimization and target achievement;
- To build strong external networks, in order to enhance customer engagement, gain a broader understanding of customer and be the first to identify new business solutions;
- Planning, preparation, negotiation and implementation of customer engagement initiatives such as promotional programs, new product introductions, annual agreements, price adjustments, category related projects, in-store initiatives etc;
- To negotiate and deliver an annual contract & plan.
- To deliver monthly, quarterly and annual net sales/margin/profit targets by developing tailored commercial plans & actively implementing them via a Joint Business Plan;
- To build strong internal networks in order to raise the profile, business focus and support for customer;
- Work closely and creatively with cross-functional commercial team, consisting of CDMs, finance, retail marketing, category management and customer service & logistics to identify, develop and implement the appropriate business solutions required to drive the business forward;
- To accurately forecast volume/sales/investment through effective 5P planning and clear identification of risks and opportunities on a monthly cycle working closely with the Customer Account Planners;
- To proactively take on business development projects within the (international) Customer Development organization, to drive and influence the broader CP business.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Relevant experience in Customer Development;
- Good knowledge & understanding of FMCG industry and Dutch Retail;
- University degree;
- Bilingual Dutch/English.
- Passionate about brands and customers;
- Strong Can-Do mentality;
- Team player (easily develops relationship with customers and key people in other functions and at other levels);
- Strong skills in leadership and communication;
- Results & profit oriented, with hands-on mentality (proper sense of urgency);
- Developed analytical skills; having the ability to translate business challenges;
- Into creative, actionable and customer oriented plans;
- Excellent trade understanding and negotiation skills.