Welcome to Edgard & Cooper – naturally tasty cat and dog food that you, your pets and our planet can feel good about. Good food makes your mind, body and spirit feel amazing. Nothing beats fresh meat and simple ingredients, cooked and packed with nature in mind. But most pet foods are over processed and come wrapped in plastic. Enough is enough.
Our values are at the core of everything we do: doing it right, taking pride, always improving, thinking (& doing) different, going the extra mile, work and play, and making it personal. The most exciting thing about working at Edgard & Cooper is the fantastic young and close-knit team culture. We’ll challenge you in ways you haven’t been before and push you, so you can grow with us as a business. At the same time, we pledge to help you enjoy working so you look forward to going to the office every day!
After just 3 years of trading, more than 6,000 shops in Europe stock our lovely products. We’ve decided to reach more cats and dogs with our feed good food, so for our young and close-knit team in the Netherlands we are looking for a:
TRADE & SHOPPER MARKETING MANAGER
Are you looking for your next move? Want to take responsibility for the trade & shopper marketing for a natural pet food brand? Edgard & Cooper is currently on the hunt for a Trade & Shopper Marketing Manager with both strong analytical & strategic skills and a disruptive, creative flair. As part of the marketing team, you will have the opportunity to build your career within the fastest expanding pet business in Europe. In this role you will report directly to Louis Chalabi (Co-Founder & CMO). The main responsibilities consist of 3 important components: shopper insights, category development and effective reporting and collaboration with Global Marketing teams. Below you can find some examples:
- Recommend and implement clear in-store guidelines based on shopper insights and existing market knowledge;
- Set up trails in partner stores in order to increase our shopper knowledge on how people navigate, make decisions and buy in store;
- Support Brand Marketing in developing the overall brand plan by providing input from category & consumer data insights;
- Working with the Sales Team, deliver the retail activation strategy, managing the national calendar of promotions and product events;
- Ensure the successful rollout of trade promotional plans in designated channels with key retailers and independents, and ensuring its promo effectiveness;
- Deliver industry leading strategic retailer launch plans when launching NPD or opening new channels, aligning with the Brand Manager;
- Develop and execute the trade/consumer actions including pricing, sales estimates, operations liaison and POS development, communicating this effectively and on time;
- Review product ranges based on sales data & shopper insights and make recommendations on the right mix of products and potential line extensions across our product portfolios;
- Deliver effective reporting to share best practice across our Global Marketing Team, building strong relationships with your counterparts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A master’s degree;
- Relevant experience in trade & shopper marketing within an FMCG environment;
- Computer literate, with full MS Office Suite experience and a strong knowledge of Excel – you’ll love crunching numbers;
- Fluent in English.
- The desire to make the next step and join an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment;
- A highly commercial mindset: you understand that whatever you are doing is with an eye on sales targets and ROI driven by clear insights;
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills;
- A true team player, with determination and drive and a hands-on approach;
- The ability in time to establish a high-performance team, inspiring and leading by example;
- An ethical approach in all you do.