“Our vision is for Britvic to become the most dynamic, creative and trusted soft drinks company in the world.” Britvic is one of the leading branded soft drinks businesses in Europe. The company leverages its own leading brand portfolio including Teisseire, Britvic Mixers, London Essence Company, Robinsons, Tango, Drench, J2O and Fruit Shoot as well as PepsiCo brands such as Pepsi, 7UP and Mountain Dew which Britvic produces and sells in Great Britain.
With positive growth recorded, we’re going from strength-to-strength here at Britvic… and we’re expanding internationally. With a portfolio of global household name brands such as Robinsons, Pepsi, Fruit Shoot, Teisseire and Ballygowan – we’re also working hard to develop fresh & innovative new products that will help us to grow in the future. Right now, we’re on a journey to become the most dynamic, creative & admired soft drinks company in the world and we’re always searching for new ways to refresh, hydrate and entertain in both current and new international markets.
Britvic operates outside of its core business units of UK, France and Ireland, through Britvic International. Britvic International is growing its reach into other territories through licensing and franchising agreements, and is responsible for the export business to over 90 countries around the world. Today Britvic International has over 100 people working on realizing its international ambitions. As well as dedicated resource in GB, Britvic International has people in Ireland, the USA, India, Singapore and in European markets, to support local expertise to utilise specific knowledge and understanding of the markets. At the moment we are looking for:
SALES MANAGER RETAIL EUROPE
Within the International Business Unit, Europe provides the single biggest revenue and profit contribution and plays a crucial role in delivering our 2025 ambitions. In team Europe, reporting to the Head of Sales Retail Europe, an exciting opportunity has emerged for an Sales Manager. In this role you will be responsible for building great partnerships with our existing partners as well as with prospects. You will be partnering with some of the biggest European retailers as well as with local retail customers to drive availability and sales. It requires an international focus and some travelling as the playing field stretches across various countries e.g. Denmark, Switzerland and Germany. You will play a crucial role in further growing our brands, and more specifically the Teisseire brand across Europe.
We’re looking for an energetic and entrepreneurial individual with an in-depth knowledge of the European retail and Export market. We need the candidate to be well-connected and well-respected in retail and you must get excited by chasing new customers and distributors. Furthermore, you need to be able to further build & improve the ways of working with our key customers, our distributors and our production facility in Crolles France. You will actively explore growth opportunities, based on a strong and consistent strategy with clear priority setting. You’ll have entrepreneurial flair to drive the business forward, act with pace and will play a key role in ensuring we achieve our ambitious growth targets. This role is Amsterdam based but 30% travelling across Europe is required to connect with your key commercial partners. You’ll be supported by the broader international team with regards to Supply Chain, Finance, Market Activation. You’ll work together closely with the Head of Sales Retail Europe, The Senior Manager Global Export and Trade Marketing Manager.
- Grow our Retail Business across Europe (Ex France, Spain, Portugal);
- Build best-in-class partnerships with key customers;
- New customers selection and management to widen distribution of our brands (Teisseire);
- Develop and lead pan-European customer / brand / pack approach;
- Responsible for in-outlet activation and promotion of our brands;
- Showcase solid account management, strengthening our connection with these customers;
- Negotiate and manage significant investment monies;
- Work closely together with your (international) sales and marketing colleagues;
- Be the catalyst for change.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Education level Master;
- Proven track record (International) Retail in Europe;
- A strong command of P&L and previous exposure to joint business planning;
- Fluent Dutch and English (French and German conversational is pre).
- Well-connected and well-respected;
- Strong negotiation skills essential;
- In depth knowledge of on premise trends, the market, key stakeholders;
- Understands soft drink industry, key players, important distributors;
- Exposure to communicating at senior level desirable;
- Project management skills and online channel experience desirable.