Duracell is one of the most recognized and iconic FMCG brands in this region and the world’s leading manufacturer and marketer of high performance alkaline batteries, complemented by a strong portfolio of specialty cells and rechargeable. As the leader in the personal power category, Duracell has a rich history of innovation, continuously introducing batteries that are more compact, more powerful and longer lasting than competitor brands. Since 1973, the Duracell Bunny has been at the heart of the brand demonstrating Duracell’s stronger and longer lasting power. Today, Bunny is one of the most recognized brand icons in the world.
Since March 2016, Duracell has found its permanent home within Berkshire Hathaway (ranked #3 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune Magazine), and will continue to focus on sustainable growth, industry-leading innovation and creating long-term value for our customers and consumers.
At Duracell, integrity, end-to-end accountability across all levels, fast decision-making and a “can do” attitude are highly valued.
- Duracell is now the largest consumer brand in the Berkshire Hathaway 100% owned portfolio of businesses;
- As of March 2016 the Company is set-up as a totally stand-alone business with an entirely de-centralized structure – full P&L responsibility sits within each segment;
- The region covers 3 markets: The Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg;
- Regional Headquarter is in Geneva and global Headquarter in Chicago;
- The office is based in Amsterdam with ~ 20 employees.
At the moment we are looking for a:
Duracell products are marketed through three channels; B2C retail, DIY retail (Intergamma, Praxis etc.) and B2B. The sales assistant will be in charge of the administrative and some operational sales tasks that support the business of all our customers. He/she is a key contact for the customers in the daily operation. The current sales team exists of 3 people, you will report directly to Nienke van Ottele, Sales Leader Retail NL.
- Key contact for customers in daily operations;
- Keep track of daily shipments and discuss forecast with KAM;
- Manage customer specific documentation;
- Provide customer with relevant promotional information agreed between KAM/Customer;
- Create promotional documentation/one pager for customer in consultation with KAM & Marketing.
- Align promotion internally by being a link between KAM, Marketing Team, Supply Chain;
- Update Promo Forecast Tool and align with Supply Chain;
- Coordinate and organize promotional displays at customers;
- Process customer invoices following the correct approval process;
- Coordinate and evaluate the sales activities done by field sales forces;
- Basic promotional analysis using Nielsen data.
- Fluent in Dutch and English, preferably also in French;
- MS Office (good Excel skills) and fast adaptability to systems;
- Accuracy and ability to work with data;
- Customer relation experience;
- Excellence in time management and handling multiple tasks at the same time;
- Flexible and able to work under pressure.