The sole purpose of Oatly is to make it easy for people to turn what they eat and drink into personal moments of healthy joy without recklessly taxing the planet’s resources in the process. Sustainability, nutritional health and trust are at the heart of what they do. Oatly is all about execution and being world class. Oatly is the #1 oat based dairy alternative producer in the world, with products spanning across multiple categories. In addition, they constantly innovate to continue to stay ahead. Oatly has been a small Swedish company and a popular Swedish brand with a large international fan base for decades. Currently, the Oatly brand is available in more than 20 countries throughout Europe and Asia. Oatly is therefore looking for a:
As Production Manager your mission is to lead and develop the production department within the areas of people, planet, promise and progress. This also includes delivering to specification in several aspects. Besides, the mission is to drive continuous improvements structure within the site.
The focus will be both operational and strategic. In your production team you will be responsible for approximately 20 blue collar workers working in 5-shifts as well as a few support functions.
This role develops, together with the leadership team the targets of the site, as well as vision and strategy. By breaking down targets on department, team and individual level this role creates increased engagement and a solid improvement culture.
- Responsibility for production department, including health, safety, environment and quality;
- Lead and follow up production on daily, weekly, and monthly level;
- Lead production team and individuals in the target breakdown process, effectively engaging and supporting the team;
- Create and implement systems and routines to ensure production according to specification and needs;
- Responsible for resource planning within the department;
- Drive efficiency and productivity improvements with basis in lean-principles;
- Support the site in general by setting and building up improvement standard to apply for all Vlissingen site;
- Responsible that approved investments plans within production are realized;
- Be the main connection for site Vlissingen when setting up continuous improvement process in cooperation with global organization.
- You have experience working with lean/ Six Sigma/ ManEx;
- You have experience with MS Office (Excel, Power Point), Sharepoint and ERP;
- You are good in leading staff and create possibilities for execution of improvements by co-workers;
- You have social competence and the ability to establish sound relationships with other;
- You are systematic, analytical, accurate and structured with Oatly values;
- You are improvement driven and focused in delivering on goals;
- You are agile and adaptable.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor or academic degree; You have the personality to succeed in this role – collaborative, energetic, to the point, flexible, humble, dedicated, supportive, reliable, positive and trustworthy.
- Experience of working in leading position within production, preferably food production;
- Strong knowledge and experience in lean and continuous improvement;
- Experience in successfully leading, managing and developing a production department during high growth, in a value led business;
- Previous experience of building and maintaining excellent relationships with all staff, from entry level to senior management;
- Experience from leading in change;
- You are excited about continually improving areas to deliver tangible results;
- You are a make-it-happen person who is excited to roll up your sleeves and dive in;
- You thrive in a job that doesn’t include a traditional workplace structure;
- You are a self-starter who doesn’t need direct supervision to motivate you for success;
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and are energized by the process of building something lasting from the ground up;
- You are generally an awesome person to hang out with!