Lowlander was founded early 2016 by our Chief Botanical Officer Frederik. Having worked for years for breweries and gin & genever distilleries he fell in love with botanicals. As a beer lover he grew curious about what kind of character these special flavours could give to beer. From his first experiments in an Amsterdam kitchen, our driven team is now bringing botanically brewed beers to the best bars, restaurants and shops in over 4000 accounts across 19 countries in Europe and beyond.
We have doubled our business for 4 consecutive years and we are the fastest growing new style beer brand in NL retail, ranked 4th by value share. We are now ready for someone to come in as key account manager and help and further enhance the growth of our brand in Retail, Foodservice & Online sales channels to get more and more consumers excited about our intriguing range of botanically brewed beers. In parallel we want you to ‘raise the ceiling and the floor’ in terms of our approach and strategy within these channels and beyond.
To make sure that Lowlander Beer can keep growing at this pace we are looking for someone who can help with the further development of the following sales channels: Retail, Foodservice & Online. As our Key Account Manager you are going to fuel this development at our Key Customers from the ground up. You will be driving sales growth within retail managing all Superunie members, but also foodservice partners like Sligro and online businesses like Bol.com. You’re closing deals, driving penetration with brand activations and ensure in-store execution is flawless. Opening up new sales opportunities, working with existing partners and explore for new ones and find clever ways to get more and more consumers excited about our intriguing range of botanically brewed beers.
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER – RETAIL – FOODSERVICE – ONLINE
A week in the life of:
- Presentation to Plus Retail to get them as excited about the new Lowlander NPD’s as you are and to negotiate a new pricing structure and align on the promotional plan for the year coming up.
- Heading over to Beerwulf.com to sell in our new beers and evaluate the promotional campaign we did with them 2 weeks ago.
- Developing a plan together with (trade)marketing on how to further improve our rate of sale and driving penetration through brand activations within all Superunie members.
- Spending a day in trade: visiting Hanos outlets to ensuring in-store execution is flawless and check up on execution of the promo campaign which is running that week.
- Hosting a beer pairing dinner at one of our Key Accounts where you tell full of passion about why Lowlander Beer and food is a better match than wine and food.
- Developing the commercialisation plan for e-commerce that will deliver against growth objectives
- Talking to one of your field sales colleagues about the execution plan for one of our Foodservice partners.
- Selling and managing complex negotiations!
- Working independently with focus and discipline, managing complexity, juggling 1001 things coming at you.
- Building lasting relationships with like-minded businesses.
- Making things better, faster, easier keen to always improve things
Drinking beer, pairing beer with food or making beertails – or all of the above!
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Prior experience in On Trade Field Sales and you can talk, full of pride, about what you have achieved;
- An active (national)network with key decision makers at Dutch On Trade Key Accounts;
- You have worked in and with premium trade in the Netherlands and you have a black book to match;
- Worked in the consumer goods / drinks industry before so you understand how consumers behave, what makes customers tick and what wholesalers want so you can hit the ground running;
- Dutch native speaker but you can also communicate in English (we are an international organisation).
- Working with focus and discipline, managing complexity, juggling 1001 things coming at you;
- Building lasting relationships with like-minded businesses;
- Working independently, taking the lead, being proactive;
- Drinking beer, pairing beer with food or making beertails;
- Managing complex negotiations, taking the lead, being proactive;
- Flexibility, this is not a 9 to 5 job;
- A burning desire to achieve some extraordinary, too much energy, passionate and no issues with working hard!