Lowlander was launched early in 2016 and the first 3,5 years has been nothing short of an adventure. We started off by brewing differently: with botanicals, to give extra flavour and character to our beers. Consumers love what we are doing. We are one of the fastest growing beers in the Netherlands. We have launched in London, Manchester, Berlin, Paris, Copenhagen & Hong Kong and are now available in more than 3000 accounts. In 2017 we were listed as the top 100 Food & Beverage Innovators and we recently won 4 awards at the World Beer Awards and another 4 at the International Beer Challenge in London. And our journey has just begun…
This year we would like to expand our brand all over the world and put the Lowlands (Netherlands) that is known for its great tasting beer, back on the map. One bottle, one bar, one country at the time. To help us achieve this, we are looking for a:
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER – ON TRADE & WHOLESALE
We are on a mission to broaden the horizons of beer. We are going to become a must stock beer here in our home market the Lowlands (Netherlands); one bottle, one bar, one city at the time. As our Key Account Manager you are going to drive this vision at our Key Customers from the ground up. In our home market you will be leading sales growth with On Trade Groups & Wholesalers closing deals, activating the brand and ensure execution is flawless. You will open new accounts, work with existing wholesalers, partners and key accounts to get them fired up, and find clever ways to get more and more explorers excited about our intriguing range of botanically brewed beers.
- Spending time with wholesalers to get them as excited about Lowlander as you are;
- Presenting to Wholesalers, negotiating new pricing structures and aligning them on the promotional plan for the year coming up;
- Hosting a beer pairing dinner for On Trade Key Accounts where you tell full of passion about why Lowlander Beer and food is a better combination than wine and food;
- Talking to regional sales colleagues about growth strategies for a regional wholesaler;
- Making an account plan how to further improve our rate of sale in our top 100 accounts;
- Spending a day in trade: in the morning a training to the sales force of a wholesaler, the afternoon a sales drive with one of our own sales ambassadors followed by a masterclass for bartenders so they can recommend Lowlander and then finally some beertails in the hottest cocktail bar that stocks Lowlander;
- Basically, you’ll be here, there and everywhere in Amsterdam and other key cities proudly representing our beers in the market.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Prior experience in On Trade Field Sales and you can talk, full of pride, about what you have achieved;
- An active (national)network with key decision makers at Dutch On Trade Key Accounts;
- You have worked in and with premium trade in the Netherlands and you have a black book to match;
- Worked in the consumer goods / drinks industry before so you understand how consumers behave, what makes customers tick and what wholesalers want so you can hit the ground running;
- Dutch native speaker but you can also communicate in English (we are an international organisation).
- Working with focus and discipline, managing complexity, juggling 1001 things coming at you;
- Building lasting relationships with like-minded businesses;
- Working independently, taking the lead, being proactive;
- Drinking beer, pairing beer with food or making beertails;
- Managing complex negotiations, taking the lead, being proactive;
- Flexibility, this is not a 9 to 5 job;
- A burning desire to achieve some extraordinary, too much energy, passionate and no issues with working hard!