Good Hair Day (ghd) is a professional hair styling company based worldwide. It is a young company that has achieved great things so far by creating a best in class styler range that is loved by stylists and consumers alike. They remain fiercely ambitious, with big growth plans, exciting new innovation in the pipeline and geographic expansion. ghd prides their selves on remaining true to their founding ethos – the spirit of transformation – and have established a position at the forefront of the competitive fashion styling sector. They are renowned as one of the leading hair styling brands around the world and synonymous with style and sophistication.
ghd is looking for a:
The main mission of the sales representative at ghd is to build and maintain relationships for both new and existing clients, introducing new products, and ensuring sales from existing ranges are optimized. You are responsible for your assigned territory: you define the development strategy for your sector, you make sure ghd’s brand image is implemented in line with internal guidelines in the salons and other distribution channels. You are the key point of contact of your customers with whom you build relationship of trust.
You prospect new salons, within your assigned territory and you are responsible for meeting KPI and targets assigned. Acting as a sales representative, over delivering targets and rolling out the company’s strategy should be some of your major concerns.
You attend and participate in team and sales meetings in your country or abroad (France-Benelux scope), you collaborate effectively and enthusiastically within the regional teams. Your customers are: hairdressers, hair salons, regional/national hairdressing groups. In this role you’ll report to Senior Account Manager or Regional Sales Manager.
Visit salons (90% of your time) :
- Achieve set revenues and all other defined KPIs within your territory;
- Make sure the terms of the selective distribution agreements and general sales conditions are respected;
- Develop sales converting new potential clients and grow your existing client base;
- Present, promote and sell products/services to customers;
- Make sure you plan appointments with prospects/clients prior to your visit;
- Make sure the strategy defined by the brand is implemented in salons accordingly;
- Build a trusted advisor relationship with your salons and add value to their business by educating them in how to sell our product via methods such as retailing and social media;
- Partner with the ghd education team to ensure targeted salons are supported by ghd education programs;
- Respond quickly and effectively to clients’ requests.
Visit retail shops (10% of your time):
- Make sure the strategy defined by the brand is implemented in retail accordingly;
- Build a trusted advisor relationship with your retail shops and add value to their business by educating them in how to sell our product via methods such as merchandising;
- Lead animation of temporary booths/corners or any other promotional activity in retail shops with the support of the education team, sell directly our products to end consumer with the support of retail shops staff and/or ghd’s education team (occasional activity);
- 10% time working from home – 90% field-based role.
Education, skills and experience
- Proven commercial or other relevant experience;
- High level of verbal and written communications skills;
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills;
- Ability to listen to customers’ needs and adapt your sell speech to meet their needs;
- B2B, hairdressers’ sector experience well appreciated;
- Relevant degree in business (ideal);
- 1st experience in merchandising appreciated;
- Computer literate with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- Full driving licence.