At Beiersdorf NV we are responsible for the marketing and sales results of international skin care brands like Hansaplast, Eucerin, NIVEA, Nivea for Men and Labello. Located in Amsterdam we employ approximately 80 driven and talented employees across (Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance and HR). Together we work hard, with speed and passion to realize our ambitious commercial targets.
That’s why we are currently looking for a:
SENIOR BRAND MANAGER – FACE CARE
In the position of Senior Brand Manager you will define and execute the local marketing strategy for the focus category Face care, in this case you will ensure that the brand Nivea is well executed in the Dutch market. Of course based on the international portfolio to ensure meeting set objectives in market shares, sales and margins. The marketing strategy is defined on the marketing mix levers (price, promo, advertising, place and innovation). This role is very important as face care is one of the most important categories for Beiersdorf, and as a senior marketer it must be very challenging to work for a brand that is so well-known as Nivea.
You will report directly to Sophie Janse; Marketing Manager Skincare. Besides you will manage 1 Junior Brand Manager. Good to share that working at Beiersdorf in a marketing team is always in a business minded environment, you will also have the following key responsibilities:
Plans and Forecast
- Ensure to deliver the MS and NS objectives for the Face care category;
- Closely pilot the monthly NS tracking and SoV/SoM efficiency;
- Owns the marketing budget.
Product Campaigns/ Launches
- As a the Brand Manager Face Care you define the KSF and KI strategy defining the priorities for business;
- You set local objectives for the local launched;
- You define and implement local launch activations in order to deliver the set objectives (digital-print-POS) based on strong local insights and a good customer knowledge;
- You support MLUs by developing and ratifying local adaptations to global product campaigns (mainly TV);
- You monitor the launches performances and adapt activations plans if necessary;
- As Senior Brand Manager you track own brand performance, as well as closely tracking the competition’s;
- You fill in the Management Unit documents reports;
- You provide a deep understanding on the marketing mix elements;
- You ensure an efficient information flow to the Marketing Management Team, within the Management Unit & to the GBUs;
- You provide a clear recommendation in term of optimal price positioning respecting the Beiersdorf compliance guidelines;
- You provide input/local insights for product development, category knowledge and growth opportunities;
- You take accountability for managing a range of marketing activities through key marketing processes;
- As Senior Brand Manager you engage and motivate key stakeholders to maximise launch.
Media and Communication
- In case of copy development, you as a Brand Manager are responsible of the content, production, validation process and costs;
- You have a good knowledge of the local media landscape and media trends, integrate local insights to optimize/develop communication;
- You define the media planning;
- You ensure a good execution and deliver an efficient plan.
Regional Innovation Projects
- Support of regional innovation projects and providing local consumer insights / needs into the process.
Corporate Branding & Compliance Guidelines
- As Senior Brand Manager you ensure alignment of corporate brand image with global identity guidelines and adequate usage of institutional information – both internally and externally;
- You ensure the perfect fit with Beiersdorf guidelines;
- You are responsible for ensuring a perfect validation process management (of artworks, media adaptations, digital content);
- You work as a team player in close cooperation with Media, Digital and Research Manager, and report to the Marketing Manager Skin Care;
- You closely cooperate with all other business functions, namely Sales, SCM, Supply Chain, Financial Controlling, and HR.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree;
- Relevant work experience in Marketing (preferably in FMCG or retail);
- Cross functional experience in Sales or Category Management is a pre;
- International experience is preferred;
- Fluency in Dutch and English.
- You are analytical, process driven and you are able to pro-actively recognize and react to market opportunities;
- You are able to translate numbers to concrete recommendations;
- You pro-actively recognize possible opportunities and will base your actions accordingly;
- You are commercial, not afraid to take risks and you have the ability to convince others;
- You are a strong communicator, quick-witted and will always strive to achieve the best possible results;
- You are able to provide a deep understanding on the marketing mix elements;
- Has a good knowledge of the local media landscape and media trends, integrate local insights to optimize/develop communication;
- You are ambitious and driven to demand success.