The history of Shiseido is not merely a story about products and services; it is a story of a company taking a broader perspective to also consider aspects of culture and lifestyle, and seeking always to create new value. This is the true history of Shiseido. Here we explore the path of achievement Shiseido has followed for over 140 years since its founding in 1872 as Japan’s first Western-style pharmacy.
The name Shiseido incorporates our founder’s desire to discover and create new value, a desire that has endured for more than 140 years and has built our unique heritage. This heritage has led to a foundation and strengths unique to Shiseido – the DNA shared by all its employees that is key to our successful evolution going forward. Shiseido has cultivated its sense of beauty over its long history. As a cosmetics company originating in Japan, they have made this sense a unique strength among global companies with our belief in the importance of Japanese culture and traditions, and our ceaseless attention to detail. The company owns numerous brands worldwide, in addition to its founding label Shiseido, such as Dolce & Gabbana, Elie Saab, Issey Miyake, Laura Mercier, Narciso Rodriguez, NARS and Zadig & Voltaire. Each individual line has nurtured its unique values and they keep growing to be the brands deeply loved by people from all over the world.
Boasting the largest sales among Japanese and Asian cosmetics manufacturers, Shiseido currently operates in about 120 countries and regions around the world. The Shiseido Group’s sales amount to 1 trillion 5.1 billion yen. Our mission is to inspire a life of beauty and culture. This is the basis for our goal of achieving a sustainable society that makes people happy through beauty.
Shiseido constantly creates high-quality, highly functional, safe and innovative cosmetics and leading beauty techniques, supported by its industry-leading R&D and production technology capabilities. Shiseido’s approximately 20,000 beauty consultants worldwide work as beauty professionals, building close relationships with individual consumers. They aim to enrich both the external appearance and the hearts of consumers and convey the value of our brands. Shiseido’s businesses are human centric. This is reflected in our desire to be consumer-oriented in everything we do, including conveying value to consumers through our beauty consultants. Our belief in the importance of people as represented by consumers and our employees is the foundation on which we have formed our values. In order to create the basis for Shiseido to remain vital for the next 100 years, we are looking for a:
In the role of Retail Manager you will be the owner of our brands on the shop floor, you will achieve great exposure of all our brands and offer a memorable experience to shoppers. Together with internal stakeholders (Marketing, Sales) and external stakeholders (Retailers, Agencies) you maximize the sell-out of our brands. You’re also responsible for making sure that we analyze sellout and we set the right expectations, you optimize where possible.
Within this position the following responsibilities will be key within the position of Retail Manager.
- Manage, motivate, support, and develop the team of Beauty Consultants;
- Monitor and optimize daily planning of the visits of the team to ensure maximum impact;
- Ensure the team has all the necessary tools, information, and support to succeed;
- Cooperate with Marketing and the Client to create and execute retailer specific sell-out plans;
- Ensure great execution of agreed plans at the point of sales to drive sell-out results:
- Animations focused on newness or promotion
- Optimized shelf positioning and merchandising
- Own and drive the sell-out of Douglas and ICI PARIS XL:
- Analyze past results
- Plan sell-out by Beauty Consultant per event or sell-out day
- Plan sell-out by brand on total level by week.
- Report regularly to the organization on in-depth analysis of sell-out data;
- Collect and report regularly to the organization on relevant information from the field;
- Build deep knowledge about and relationships with retailer (Field and HQ);
- Accurately identify and define opportunities for growth;
- Help align the organization on the priorities of the brands at clients.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Academic degree;
- Fluent in Dutch and English speaker;
- French is preferred;
- Experience in Commercial, Marketing or Retail in a fast paced Luxury or FMCG company;
- Experience working at/with national key accounts (Ahold, Douglas, ICI PARIS XL, JUMBO);
- Experience in developing cross-functional projects related to the in-store experience;
- Experience in working with Category Management or Trade Marketing is preferred;
- Experience in working with a Field Sales Force is preferred;
- Experience in the cosmetics industry is preferred.
- High level of interpersonal skills and potential for people development and leadership skills;
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to keep track of all current relevant priorities;
- Excellent analytical skills with an ability to interpret and develop immediate action plan;
- Strong relationship and stakeholder management abilities, both internally and external;
- Energetic and personable attitude;
- Hands-on mentality to get things done;
- Result driven and ambitious;
- Passionate about strong brand;
- Affinity with beauty and service.