Egbert Douwes and Johann Jacobs did not know where the trip would bring them, they only had the vision that everyone deserves the coffee he or she likes. And that’s what they’re still standing for.
JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS gives shape to the future of coffee. There are inspired by the belief that it’s amazing what can happen over a cup of coffee. As a company focusing exclusively on coffee and tea products, they are proud to play a role in the lives of millions of people every day. Well-known brands include Jacobs, Tassimo, Moccona, Senseo, L’OR, Douwe Egberts, Pickwick, Kenco, Pilao and Gevalia. A team of over 12,000 enterprising and passionate coffee champions, present in more than 80 countries, contributes to their worldwide promise: “A coffee for every cup”.
JDE is still growing globally and expanding their market. To expand their JDE New Business sales capability in Asia a high caliber, senior and experienced candidate is required to join our New Business Development Team. Sales of this nature are characterized by complex sales cycles of high value, so they desire individuals who can demonstrate strong experience in selling solutions under both of these headings. Therefore our Global Business Development Team is looking for a:
REGIONAL BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER SOUTH-EAST ASIA
This position as Regional Business Development Manager S-E Asia Professional is a hugely exiting role within JDE. It offers you the opportunity to help build the future of JDE in South East Asia and play a key role in the future of JDE Professional. In the beginning you will be responsible for the following countries: Indonesia, Philippines, Singapore & Malaysia. To build strong relationship in these countries, it is necessary to travel and visit a lot of places around Asia. Furthermore the role has a number of key deliverables:
- Own the P&L for the South East Asia region. Own the development of our Annual Plans, share and deliver them via our Partner network in the region. You must demonstrate total accountability for the plans, and passion and discipline around their delivery;
- Build the long term strategy to deliver accelerated, sustainable growth for JDE in the region. This will involve growing our current market through clear plans and strong partnerships in our existing markets. It will also involve an entrepreneurial but data driven approach to identifying and delivering new market entry opportunities;
- Support our developed Professional businesses in key markets like Thailand and China as they further grow via both direct and indirect selling models. This will require deep insight and understanding into these businesses, as well as the development of strong working relationships with key stakeholders.
You will report to the Global Business Development Director (Professional) in our company’s global head office, in the Netherlands: Sam O’Brien. You will work closely with other Regional Business Development Managers, our Trade Marketing and Finance teams. You will also be expected to build strong working relationships with other key functions including Global Marketing, R&D and Supply.
You will be measured against the key objectives of volume, value & operating working capital and hold full P&L and financial accountability for your markets. You will be supported by a full back office support team and guidance will be given from your global team on marketing plans, which you will need to be able to bring to life for your customer base.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Master degree;
- Relevant business development experie nce in a food service solution selling environment, preferably coffee;
- Relevant working experience in FMCG;
- Fluently in Dutch and English.
- Analytical strong;
- Entrepreneurial & self-starter who thrives when given the opportunity to create and leave a legacy in the work you operate;
- Cultural sensitive;
- Significant awareness of the diverse & key Asian customer segments in food service;
- Strong in relationship building and a real networker;
- Team player and stress-resistant.