At Beiersdorf NV we are responsible for the marketing and sales results of international skin care brands like Hansaplast, Eucerin, NIVEA, Nivea for Men and Labello. Located in Amsterdam we employ approximately 80 driven and talented employees across (Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance and HR). Together we work hard, with speed and passion to realize our ambitious commercial targets. For the Sales department we are currently looking for a:
NATIONAL ACCOUNT MANAGER
As the National Account Manager you will be responsible for achieving the short, mid and long-term commercial objectives of the account team as agreed within the sales strategy of the country. You are going to develop and manage a customer account strategy in accordance with the local sales strategy, implementing and executing the short and midterm customer action plan. To steer the local customer portfolio the local/ regional/ international strategies need to be adapted to gain distribution, market share and presence at POS against competition. Therefore you are going to develop and execute the customer commercial strategy to achieve the agreed brand targets of market share, sales margins, and customer contribution.
Next to this, your main responsibilities will be:
- Develops, formulates and executes the customer investment and sales strategy that meet both short and long term country business objectives in cooperation with the S&C Marketing Manager and Head of Sales;
- Defines a road map to support the sales strategy.
Business Planning, Budgets and Reporting
- In conjunction with the account team responsible for ensuring the preparation of (by customer) a sales and customer-marketing, annual, medium and long term plan that ensures the delivery of brand, category and customer objectives;
- Ensures the on-going coordination of the sales planning process with Marketing, Controlling, Supply Chain, Head of Sales and the Country Manager;
- The incumbent is responsible for the efficient and excellent execution of the customer marketing plan;
- Through the BDF AG reporting systems the incumbent monitors, evaluates and reports on variance to customer plan, proposes counter measures, and ensures their effective implementation.
- The incumbent is responsible for the execution of the customer account plan to gain distribution, market share and presence at the point of sale against competition;
- Manages and controls the sales mix of the Brands Portfolio agreed at a Customer Level to ensure the agreed targets in market share, sales and margins and customer contribution.
- The incumbent is responsible for the successful implementation of the agreed customer list price.
- The incumbent is responsible for the execution and implementation of the customer promotion plan which is in line with the objectives within the customer marketing plan provided by the Promotions team;
- Analyzes and Reviews the promotional activity and make recommendations on corrective actions in line with Planning & Promotions Strategy.
- Monitors the delivery against the agreed objectives within the annual customer plan for product distribution and display at the POS;
- Maximizes the accessibility of Beiersdorf products to the Shopper;
- Aligns with the customer investment strategy and work with the category manager and POS manager to achieve the objectives.
Performance-based TTC System
- Responsible for delivering the customer TTC performance in line with the prescribed objectives ensuring maximization of margins with counter performances. Monitor versus performance.
- Ensures a broadly-based positive business relationship across the customers. Ensures formal customer reviews happen regularly to ensure an integrated business to business relationship;
- Builds excellent customer relationships on an individual basis and use the platform for the account teams. Realizes our targets within the Advantage report.
Monthly Business Monitoring/Forecast
- Ensures the delivery of the agreed monthly business forecast and provide on a weekly basis details of any variance to the forecast;
- Checks selling out figures on monthly basis versus the market;
- Provides recommendations and agrees them with the relevant stakeholders.
- Leads, encourages and motivates employees within responsibility;
- With the Sales Manager ensures the Sales function has the appropriate organization structure and capability to deliver its objectives.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree, preferably in Business Administration;
- Professional experience, preferably in FMCG or retail;
- Dutch and English language required.
- Impact, Business sense;
- Strong communication skills;
- Initiative, Driven, Energetic, Tenacity;
- Team Leadership skills: ability to manage conflict across all levels of the business;
- Business management capability
- Relationship building
- Strategic thinking and complex problem solving skills
- Performance Oriented;
- Courage, Speed, Innovative;