Do you want to contribute to our mission “promise happiness to the world with every bite”? And do you want to work for an ambitious and fast-growing international biscuits and chocolate business that invests in global iconic brands and its people?
Verkade offers you a unique opportunity to work for an international FMCG company with well-known Dutch and international premium brands. The company culture is informal, with a lot of attention for teamwork and results. You are in direct daily contact with other (international) departments, such as Trade Marketing and Sales. In addition, from day 1 you’ll be given many responsibilities and a wide range of tasks, in which you will be able to put all your qualities to good use. In addition to good terms of employment, development is very important to us. We are happy to invest in relevant training and education for development in your field.
Sultana is part of Verkade and a brand we’re proud of. Therefore, we are looking for a:
MARKETING MANAGER HARTIG & TUSSENDOOR
We are looking for a Marketing Manager who wants to develop this fantastic and well-known brand further. This role offers the opportunity to work on all marketing mix elements – from brand strategy and product development, to communications strategy and brand activation – for this leading A-brand, in a highly competitive and dynamic market. The market has been under pressure over the last years. Strategic challenges: pressured market environment, tough competition from PL, HD and A-brands, and more. A unique challenge for a strong and dedicated marketeer, proven successful in driving brand growth.
The Marketing team consists of two Marketing Managers, Marketing Manager Chocolate/Biscuits and Marketing Manager In Between Meals (IBM). As the Marketing Manager IBM you’ll lead the Sultana brand, including a team of 2 Brand Managers and lead the Consumer Care department (1 consumer care coordinator), to achieve the marketing, revenue and profit goals set for the brand in the local market. The Marketing Manager IBM role requires a highly pro-active posture: continuous adaptation to changing internal and external circumstances is required in order to defend and improve the brand position pro-activity, as well as flexibility to manage and deliver projects, results and change. You will report to the Commercial Director, Koen Regout.
- Develop, implement and drive the Sultana brand strategy through a 3-year plan and implement the brand strategy via annually executed brand plans;
- Develop and implement the innovation, media, social media, communication and PR strategies;
- Define, develop and launch New Product Developments and (re-)designs;
- Lead the development and execution of consumer promotions, brand activations and BTL + ATL communication including media strategy and planning;
- Budget and process management of the projects within the scope of the function and brand;
- Guide, motivate and develop the team to achieve the brand objectives, strategy and plans;
- Provide clear leadership, vision and direction to the team of brand managers and departments around the marketing team;
- Lead strategic projects in cross functional and sometimes cross regional teams, act as a networker;
- Manage (internal) stakeholders.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in a commercial subject, like Marketing or Business Development;
- Relevant experience in Marketing for an A-brand within the FMCG sector;
- Experience in strategic marketing and portfolio development, NPD processes, marketing communication, media and promotional strategy development, including making briefings for agencies (varying from advertising to market research agencies), consumer and customer insights, concept writing, positioning;
- Experience in Sales/Account Management;
- Fluent (written and spoken) in Dutch and English.
- Experience in Trade Marketing is a pre;
- Preferably to bring people management/leadership experience;
- High level of self-support and stress resistance;
- Strong analytical skills and P&L management;
- Presentation, communication and interpersonal relationship skills at senior level;
- High energy- and dedication level and a strong can do mentality with a strong sense of business ownership!