MGA Entertainment is an organization with products that mainly focus on ‘consumer entertainment’. The head office of MGA Entertainment is located in Van Nuys, Californië. MGA Entertainment produces innovative products, such as toys and games, dolls, consumer electronics, home decor, stationary and sporting goods. Famous brand of the company are: Little Tikes®, L.O.L. Surprise, Novi Stars ™, Moxie Girlz ™ and Zapf Creation®. We are currently looking for a:
MARKETING DIRECTOR EMEA
In this role you will be responsible for understanding consumer insights & trends, translating them into business strategies and leading the charge (while partnering with Product Development) to turn the strategies into compelling product lines, product launches, relevant promotions, and business-building communications that will deliver against our revenue and profit goals. The marketing team in Europe consist approximately of 15 people, with 6 direct reports.
The Marketing Director EMEA must possess a unique blend of leadership, business management, big-picture vision, team spirit, brand passion and a sense of urgency. In this role you report to the Chief Marketing Officer, Jim Wagner, who is based at the HQ in Los Angeles.
Drive Consumer Demand
- Develop marketing strategies to improve efficiency and effectiveness;
- Consolidating international markets perspective to educate future product development;
- Preparing and presenting marketing strategies and tactics to senior marketing;
- Manage retailer partnerships to annually increase retail promotional support.
- Align resources to ensure strong sell-in at global toy shows and sales meetings;
- Developing Pan-European Programs.
Team Leadership & Development
- Mentor and teaching team in place, both in Benelux and UK;
- Recruit and retain talent.
Global Alignment on Marketing Initiatives & ROI
- Work to align global strategies to improve efficiency & effectiveness;
- Leverage best practices and learnings to elevate marketing programs;
- Streamline processes for more efficient marketing program development.
Insights & Competitive Analysis
- Track NPD, retail and social media channels for insights;
- Leverage data and analytics on programs to measure effectiveness.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Academic degree (Business, Marketing or related Discipline);
- Relevant brand management experience;
- New product innovations/launch experience preferred;
- Previous Toy experience or relevant CPG marketing experience is required;
- International Marketing experience.
- Entrepreneur can-do attitude to find ways to break down growth barriers;
- Demonstrated positive energy to effectively represent brand internally and externally;
- Motivated by challenges and possessing a robust sense of curiosity;
- Ability to pull insights from multiple sources and synthesize into a compelling story for change;
- Passionate about driving brand growth by better meeting consumer needs;
- Strong skills and experience with diagnosing and resolving complex problems and opportunities;
- Ability to craft vision and strategy and make it come to life with actionable plans;
- High familiarity with strategy development, integrated marketing planning, and innovation processes;
- Strong analytical, decision making, influence, and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently (self-motivated) and complete projects within required time frames;
- Able to make tough, informed decisions quickly to keep performance on track;
- Manage people in different offices and with a remote boss.