“Our vision is for Britvic to become the most dynamic, creative and trusted soft drinks company in the world.” Britvic is one of the leading branded soft drinks businesses in Europe. The company leverages its own leading brand portfolio including Teisseire, Britvic Mixers, London Essence Company, Robinsons, Tango, Drench, J2O and Fruit Shoot as well as PepsiCo brands such as Pepsi, 7UP and Mountain Dew which Britvic produces and sells in Great Britain (“GB”) and Ireland under exclusive PepsiCo agreements.
With positive growth recorded, we’re going from strength-to-strength here at Britvic… and we’re expanding internationally. With a portfolio of global household name brands such as Robinsons, Pepsi, Fruit Shoot, Teisseire and Ballygowan – we’re also working hard to develop fresh & innovative new products that will help us to grow in the future.
Right now, we’re on a journey to become the most dynamic, creative & admired soft drinks company in the world and we’re always searching for new ways to refresh, hydrate and entertain in both current and new international markets.
Britvic operates outside of its core business units of UK, France and Ireland, through Britvic International. Britvic International is growing its reach into other territories through licensing and franchising agreements, and is responsible for the export business to over 50 countries around the world. Today Britvic International has over 100 people working on realizing its International ambitions. As well as dedicated resource in GB, Britvic International has people in Ireland, the USA, India, Singapore and in European markets, to support local expertise to utilise specific knowledge and understanding of the markets. For Britvic we are looking for a:
MARKETING ACTIVATION MANAGER – MIDDLE EAST AND AFRICA
As the Marketing Activation manager you need to act as a marketing plan owner for the Middle East markets. The Marketing Activation manager is the key point of contact for the local commercial team and distributors in markets in terms of marketing and brand support. As a direct partner to the commercial team, you are responsible for delivery of all brand activation activities within the European territory and function as the link between the global marketing team (brand design and brand management) and the local distributor teams. Therefore, building strong relationships with a broad and various set of stakeholders across the Middle East is key.
As Marketing Activation Manager for the Middle East, you’ll have a broad scope, covering a wide area of markets and brands. Your key priorities are linked to the International Business Unit’s vision and focused on our ‘Global Premium Adult’ brands – being The London Essence Company and Mathieu Teisseire.
- Defines and implements the Middle East marketing plan;
- Drives Marketing Plan development with distributors (directly or via the commercial team);
- Manages the distributor marketing teams to deliver the agreed plan;
- Develops the marketing activation dashboard/KPIs with each distributor and constantly evaluates;
- Ensures the commercial teams are equipped/enabled with ‘best in class’ marketing & sales tools to represent our brand portfolio;
- Supports the commercial team with new product introductions, registrations, SKU set-up, etc. on portfolio projects / brands;
- Uploads and manages content on the B2B website to ensure relevance to region;
- Engages with the global brand teams and wider marketing community to keep up-to-date with the latest brand developments and best practice activation elsewhere in the business;
- Acts as the marketing expert and partner for the local distributor, Brand Ambassadors and commercial teams;
- Safeguards brand consistency & identity across the Middle East region;
- Creates Selling Decks; these can be new, or an adaptation of existing materials;
- Leads some brand-led activation tasks for the total International BU when requested (e.g. development of marketing materials; standard generic sell-in decks; Brand Ambassador training materials);
- Manages NPD (New Product Development) project-based activities through the company-wide Stage Gate process;
- Support commercial team with new product introductions, registrations, SKU set-up, etc. on portfolio projects / brands;
- Analyses brand performance across Middle East region;
- Promotional analysis (retail) where relevant;
- Manage brand A&P expenditure for Middle East to optimize effectiveness of all trade activation & consumer facing spend.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Academic degree;
- Proficient in Dutch, Fluent English speaker;
- Professional marketing qualification preferred (but not essential);
- Experience working on prestige brands is preferred;
- Experience within PR (influencer marketing, events, social media) is preferred;
- Experience of working with International markets a strong advantage;
- Knowing of the industry wide Stage Gate process to deliver NPD.
- Ability to represent our brands in International markets and towards International customers with confidence, passion and enthusiasm;
- Demonstrate success in Brand Management, and/ or Marketing Activation within an FMCG and on-trade environment;
- Ability to work closely with cross-functional teams (internal and external) to plan and execute the delivery of marketing activities within your assigned territories ;
- Ability to travel approximately 15-20% of time in role across European region and hold a valid passport (and visa if applicable) to do so;
- Ability to multi task and act & deliver at pace in fast paced and volatile business environment;
- Ability to build strong internal relationships and partnerships;
- Proven track record of influencing across functions ;
- Appreciation of cultural differences and working across different international geographies;
- Is results driven and business oriented;
- Eye for detail, especially when it comes to brand consistency in a premium on trade environment;
- Up-to-date with latest trends and best practices in the drink industry;
- Willing to challenge the norms both internally and externally to drive performance.