“Our vision is for Britvic to become the most dynamic, creative and trusted soft drinks company in the world.” Britvic is one of the leading branded soft drinks businesses in Europe. The company leverages its own leading brand portfolio including Teisseire, Britvic Mixers, London Essence Company, Robinsons, Tango, Drench, J2O and Fruit Shoot as well as PepsiCo brands such as Pepsi, 7UP and Mountain Dew which Britvic produces and sells in Great Britain (“GB”) and Ireland under exclusive PepsiCo agreements.
With positive growth recorded, we’re going from strength-to-strength here at Britvic… and we’re expanding internationally. With a portfolio of global household name brands such as Robinsons, Pepsi, Fruit Shoot, Teisseire and Ballygowan – we’re also working hard to develop fresh & innovative new products that will help us to grow in the future.
Right now, we’re on a journey to become the most dynamic, creative & admired soft drinks company in the world and we’re always searching for new ways to refresh, hydrate and entertain in both current and new international markets.
Britvic operates outside of its core business units of UK, France and Ireland, through Britvic International. Britvic International is growing its reach into other territories through licensing and franchising agreements, and is responsible for the export business to over 50 countries around the world. Today Britvic International has over 100 people working on realizing its International ambitions. As well as dedicated resource in GB, Britvic International has people in Ireland, the USA, India, Singapore and in European markets, to support local expertise to utilise specific knowledge and understanding of the markets. For Britvic we are looking for a:
MARKETING ACTIVATION MANAGER EUROPE – INTERIM
The Marketing Activation Manager Europe is responsible for the marketing activation in the core markets NL&BE as well as well for Travel and Export. In this role you will play a critical role in the development and the execution of the marketing plans. You will work together with the central strategic marketing team (SMI). SMI is responsible for brand development (brand strategy, positioning, campaign development). The Marketing Activation Manager is focused on brilliant execution, local adaptation and amplification of the plans. In this role you will provide input and feedback on the required direction and engage with SMI; influencing skills are therefore key. Lastly, the Marketing Activation Manager also has an important role in setting the local business strategy and the annual operating plan process.
- Lead the development of marketing plans within the long range plan and annual operating plan for NL, BE and Europe and Export. Provide input into other areas of the plan where applicable (e.g. portfolio & pricing strategy). Establish in-year business priorities. Allocate budgets and resources;
- Engage and inspire others behind our ambitions – work with SMI and commercial teams to deliver the plan;
- Establish strong cross-functional relationships with peers across marketing, customer management, to ensure alignment around key programmes.
- Manage the Britvic International: NL, BE and Travel and Export brand portfolio to deliver profitable volume & value market share growth;
- Define local strategic brand houses - in line with SMI led brand strategy. Provide input and feedback to SMI;
- Develop the marketing plan based on the input provided by SMI. Engage with SMI to provide input and feedback on campaign needs;
- Build and implement strong customer marketing plans;
- Work closely with commercial & category manager to deliver excellent execution at the point of sales;
- Accountable for implementation and execution of the plans;
- Leads more complex marketing projects;
- Interacts with France to align on our business needs;
- Manages the budget.
Team and BU Leadership
- Lead a team 2 people. Create engagement and ownership of team / International plans and build sense of team spirit;
- For direct reports set clear performance objectives, aligned to the brand and corporate strategic objectives, and drive a culture of accountability for delivery. Lead and coach team members to ensure optimum development plans for each individual;
- Maintain high performance standards across full team. Actively manage any personnel issues in a timely and professional manner and in line with HR policies and guidelines.
Key Performance Measures
- P&L metrics;
- Brand equity/awareness/distribution/ROS;
- Development of marketing plans;
- Execution of the plan;
- Development and (support) delivery of the commercial plans;
- No instances of non-compliance;
- Team engagement and performance.
- Be Proud: Acts with integrity and responsibility. Builds relationships and partnerships underpinned by openness, honesty and respect;
- Be open: Thinks differently, challenging conventional thinking to create the future and overcome barriers. Adapts their leadership style to best fit the situation and audience;
- Be disciplined: Takes commitments seriously and does what they say they will do;
- Act with Pace: Cuts to the heart of the problem and gets tot solutions with creativity and speed;
- Be bold: Paints a clear and compelling picture of the future for their business. Highly motivated and driven by result;
- Win together: Creates the type of messages that others want to share with their colleagues. Uses high impact communication mediums to share ideas with others. Motivates others to take decisive action when the time is right.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Academic degree;
- Proficient in Dutch and fluent in English;
- Marketing and/or strategy experience in FMCG, spirit industry or retail in International environment;
- Broad experience with Marketing;
- Execution focussed – proven track-record of the ability to implement;
- Strategic thinking;
- Experience and understanding of retail & beverage markets;
- Depth of knowledge and experience of working in International markets;
- People management experience;
- Project management skills;
- Good influencing skills;
- Good mix of Blue chip corporate experience and smaller company experience.