“Our vision is for Britvic to become the most dynamic, creative and trusted soft drinks company in the world.” Britvic is one of the leading branded soft drinks businesses in Europe. The company leverages its own leading brand portfolio including Teisseire, Britvic Mixers, London Essence Company, Robinsons, Tango, Drench, J2O and Fruit Shoot as well as PepsiCo brands such as Pepsi, 7UP and Mountain Dew which Britvic produces and sells in Great Britain (“GB”) and Ireland under exclusive PepsiCo agreements.
Britvic International generates around £70m in annual revenues and our ambition is to grow significantly in profit and revenue contributing to the 2020 ambitions. Strategically the priorities for growth are to win in the core markets, leverage profitable trading opportunities and to roll-out premium brand portfolio across the world. Britvic International will be a critical driver of growth for Britvic as the company points towards its ambition of joining the FTSE 100 by 2020.
Britvic operates outside of its core business units of UK, France and Ireland, through Britvic International. Britvic International is growing its reach into other territories through licensing and franchising agreements, and is responsible for the export business to over 50 countries around the world. Today Britvic International has over 100 people working on realizing its International ambitions. As well as dedicated resource in GB, Britvic International has people in Ireland, the USA, India, Singapore and in European markets, to support local expertise to utilise specific knowledge and understanding of the markets. For Britvic we are looking for a:
LEAD MARKET ACTIVATION MANAGER – AP & MEA
The Lead Market Activation manager leads all brand & marketing activity together with the team for Asia & MEA. The marketing function needs to act as a brand owner for the relevant territory covering all aspects of marketing. As Lead Market Activation Manager you are responsible for the delivery of all brand activation activities within the territory.
In this role you are the direct partner to the commercial team and functions as the link between the global marketing team (brand development) and the local sales and distributor teams. The Lead Market Activation Manager has a leadership role within the marketing team (2 direct reports), towards the global marketing team and distributors: to ensure we improve our market approach (with sales), we co-develop our in-market plans with distributors, we provide input on our needs to central marketing, central marketing delivers the right content. The priorities of the role are linked to the International BI’s vision, with focus on our “global premium” and “adult socializing” brands, Mathieu Teisseire, London Essence Company, and Britvic Mixers.
As being the lead for the direct reports, you set clear performance objectives, aligned to the brand and corporate strategic objectives, and drive a culture of accountability for delivery. Lead and coach team members to ensure optimum development plans for each individual. Create engagement and ownership for the international plans and build sense of team spirit. Maintain high performance standards across full team. Actively manage any personnel issues in a timely and professional manner and in line with HR policies and guidelines.
- Act as a brand owner for the territory – leads all marketing activation, understands the status of the brand and takes action;
- Acts as the marketing expert and partner for the local distributor, Brand Ambassadors and commercial teams;
- Ensures the commercial teams are equipped/enabled with ‘best in class’ marketing tools to represent our portfolio. This includes creation/optimization of Selling Decks; these can be new, or an adaptation of existing materials;
- Supports the commercial team with new product introductions, registrations, SKU setup. Manages NPD (New Product Development) project-based activities through the company-wide Stage Gate process;
- Leadership role in annual planning for AP MEA region. Leads the international market priority setting in collaboration with global marketing and the sales team. Validate high-level guidance provided by global marketing. Establish in-year business priorities. Allocate budgets and resources;
- Develop the capability to access markets (RTM development, capability to select distributors, marketing tools);
- Manages content on the B2B website to ensure relevance to the region;
- Safeguards brand consistency & identity and manages oversee budget of the team;
- Leads some brand-led activation and development tasks for the total International BU;
- Analysis of brand performance. Promotional analysis (retail) where relevant;
- Establish strong cross-functional relationships with peers across marketing, customer management, to ensure alignment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Academic degree;
- Fluent English speaker;
- Professional marketing qualification preferred (but not essential);
- Experience working on prestige brands is preferred;
- Experience within PR (influencer marketing, events, social media) is preferred;
- Experience of working with International markets a strong advantage;
- Knowing of the industry wide Stage Gate process to deliver NPD.
- Ability to represent our brands in International markets and towards International customers with confidence, passion and enthusiasm;
- Ability to work closely with cross-functional teams (internal and external) to plan and execute the delivery of marketing activities within your assigned territories ;
- Ability to travel in AP-MEA region and hold a valid passport (and visa if applicable) to do so;
- Ability to multi task and act & deliver at pace in fast paced and volatile business environment;
- Ability to build strong internal relationships and partnerships;
- Appreciation of cultural differences and working across different international geographies;
- Eye for detail, especially when it comes to brand consistency in a premium on trade environment;
- Proven track record to drive implementation with focus on execution and on influencing across functions;
- Applicant is results driven and business oriented;
- Up-to-date with latest trends and best practices in the drink industry;
- Willing to challenge the norms both internally and externally to drive performance.