Lindt & Sprüngli is recognized as a leader in the market for premium quality chocolate, offering a large selection of products in more than 120 countries around the world. During almost 175 years of Lindt & Sprüngli’s existence, it has become known as one of the most innovative and creative companies making premium chocolate.
The beginnings of Lindt & Sprüngli are in 1845, when father and son for the first time manufactured solid chocolate in their small confectionery Sprüngli & Son, at that time yet a partnership. Since then, the company has gone through many different eras, but the entrepreneurial spirit and passion for making chocolate that drove both the Sprüngli family as well as Rodolphe Lindt, when he invented the first truly melting chocolate and later on sold his business to Sprüngli, are still alive.
Today, quality chocolate products by Lindt & Sprüngli are made at 12 own production sites in Europe and the USA. They are distributed by 25 subsidiary companies and branch offices, in more than 450 own stores, and also via a comprehensive network of more than 100 independent distributors around the globe. With over 14,500 employees, the Lindt & Sprüngli Group reported sales worth CHF 4.3 billion in 2018. As part of Lindt’s long-term Regional expansion strategy, Lindt opened a new own subsidiary in the Netherlands with the main target to become the number 1 player in premium and dark chocolate player. With the in Rotterdam located team, Lindt NL is now building the brand Lindt by increasing instore visibility, strong marketing activation and making the brand more relevant for the Dutch consumers.
As part of Lindt’s long-term Regional expansion strategy, Lindt opened a new own subsidiary in the Netherlands with the main target to become the number 1 player in premium and dark chocolate player. With the in Rotterdam located team, Lindt NL is now building the brand Lindt by increasing instore visibility, strong marketing activation and making the brand more relevant for the Dutch consumers. Currently the commercial team is looking for a;
KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER
The Key Account Manager is responsible for building the business in a sustainable way with customers within the Dutch Retail channel. The main focus of the Key Account Manager is to develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with all members of Superunie & JUMBO. As the Key Account Manager, you are in charge of the instore foreclosure of the permanent and seasonal items. With your ownership, business acumen, agility and collaborative qualities, you have the possibility to drive the business to the maximum, whilst learning to flourish in a fast moving international environment. You will report directly to the Sales Manager, Wijnand de Ronde.
- Deep understanding of your business and your customer, and deliver the results in line with the targets;
- Develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with your customers;
- Understand and implement the strategic priorities of the company at your customers;
- Translate company strategies into activation plans;
- Make internal recommendations to improve the company and/or your business results;
- Full ownership of the process from order to payment of your customer, in collaboration with multifunctional team;
- Lead annual negotiations with your customers.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Academic/bachelor degree;
- Relevant sales experience with retailers;
- Experience in FMCG, preferred at a A-brand player;
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- Strong commercial sense, entrepreneurial and ability to develop sound opportunities to meet the needs of our customers and our business;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Proactivity, independent, self-starter, can-do mentality;
- Team player, energetic, good empathy and communication skills.