Lindt & Sprüngli is recognized as a leader in the market for premium quality chocolate, offering a large selection of products in more than 120 countries around the world. During almost 175 years of Lindt & Sprüngli’s existence, it has become known as one of the most innovative and creative companies making premium chocolate.
The beginnings of Lindt & Sprüngli are in 1845, when father and son for the first time manufactured solid chocolate in their small confectionery Sprüngli & Son, at that time yet a partnership. Since then, the company has gone through many different eras, but the entrepreneurial spirit and passion for making chocolate that drove both the Sprüngli family as well as Rodolphe Lindt, when he invented the first truly melting chocolate and later on sold his business to Sprüngli, are still alive.
Today, quality chocolate products by Lindt & Sprüngli are made at 12 own production sites in Europe and the USA. They are distributed by 25 subsidiary companies and branch offices, in more than 410 own stores, and also via a comprehensive network of more than 100 independent distributors around the globe. With over 14,000 employees, the Lindt & Sprüngli Group reported sales worth CHF 4.1 billion in 2017. As part of Lindt’s long-term regional expansion strategy, Lindt opened its newest subsidiary in the Netherlands in February 2019 and is currently looking for a:
JR. TRADE MARKETEER
The Jr. Trade Marketeer is responsible for all marketing and activation towards the stores of our trade partners and our own Lindt retail stores. You are the critical link between marketing and the salesforce, and you work closely together with the Marketing Director (MD) and Key Account Managers (KAMs) to create the strongest programs for in-store activation. Your responsibility will be to support Lindt’s visibility and to secure a consistent brand communication at the trade partners in line with Lindt’s brand guidelines. In addition, you are also responsible for development and innovation related to display materials and POS. As Jr. Trade Marketeer you will be reporting to René Edelenbosch, the Marketing Director Netherlands.
- Closely working together with KAMs; responsible for creating sales presentations and toolboxes for sell-in and for external sales meetings;
- Leading in-depth analyses of the market, category, brand and promotions;
- Responsible for the creation of instore POS-material according to brand guidelines and responsible for following up on all trade marketing activities according to the plan;
- Responsible for driving customer/ in-store engagement with key trade partners;
- Secure strong brand visibility and consistent brand expressions in the trade partner channel in co-operation with the Marketing Director;
- Coordination of campaigns and contact person both towards agencies and international marketing;
- Netherlands Spokesperson within the International Shopper Marketing Community.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Academic degree in marketing and/or sales;
- Experience minimum 1 years in trade marketing or brand management within the FMCG;
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- An excellent commercial understanding, a passion for brand management and an eye for cost efficiencies;
- A strong analytical capacity and excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Creative, structured, collaborative and entrepreneurial;
- Good command of office software, in particular Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint;
- Results oriented and work well under pressure;
- Your personal values are in line with Lindt’s company culture: ambitious, curious and with a can-do attitude to take own initiatives.