At Beiersdorf NV we are responsible for the marketing and sales results of international skin care brands like Hansaplast, Eucerin, NIVEA, Nivea for Men and Labello. Located in Amsterdam we employ approximately 80 driven and talented employees across (Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance and HR). Together we work hard, with speed and passion to realize our ambitious commercial targets.
That’s why we are currently looking for a:
(JR.) BRAND MANAGER
In the position of (Jr.) Brand Manager you will define and execute the local marketing strategy for the category Hair (Care & Styling), in this case you will ensure that NIVEA Hair marketing strategy is well executed in the Dutch market. Of course based on the international portfolio to ensure meeting set objectives in market shares, sales and margins. The marketing strategy is defined on the marketing mix levers (price, promo, advertising, place and innovation).
You will report to Marjolein de Graaf; Marketing Manager Nivea Personal Care. Good to share that working at Beiersdorf in a marketing team is always in a business minded environment, you will also have the following key responsibilities.
Plans and Forecast
- Ensure to deliver the MS and NS objectives for the Hair care category;
- Closely pilot the monthly, quarterly and yearly NS and MS development and actively work on plans to fuel growth or cover potential gaps.
Product Campaigns/ Launches
- As Brand Manager Hair Care you define the Key Initiative strategy based on defining the priorities of the business;
- You set local objectives for locally launched NPDs (qualitative objectives, NS, MS);
- You define and implement local launch activations in order to deliver the set objectives (digital-print-POS) based on strong local insights and a good customer knowledge;
- You develop and ratify local adaptations to global product campaigns (mainly TV, digital);
- You monitor the launches performances and adapt activations plans if necessary;
- You track own brand group performance, as well as closely tracking competition;
- You deliver structural reporting on your business performance;
- You provide a deep understanding on the marketing mix elements;
- You provide a clear recommendation in term of optimal price positioning respecting the Beiersdorf compliance guidelines;
- You provide input/local insights to GBU for product development, category knowledge and growth opportunities;
- As Brand Manager you engage and motivate key stakeholders to maximise NPD and core portfolio performance.
Media and Communication
- Track SoV/SoM and relative media spending efficiency and adapt your media strategy on this;
- In case of copy development, you as a Brand Manager are responsible for content, production, validation process and budget management;
- You have a good knowledge of the local media landscape and media trends, integrate local insights to optimize/develop communication;
- You define the media planning;
- You ensure a good execution and deliver an efficient plan (follow up of SoV/SoM);
- You are on top of budget management for your brand group.
Regional Innovation Projects
- Support of regional innovation projects and providing local consumer insights / needs into the process.
Corporate Branding & Compliance Guidelines
- As Brand Manager you ensure alignment of corporate brand image with global guidelines
- You are responsible for ensuring a perfect validation process management (of artworks, media adaptations, digital content);
- You work as a team player in close cooperation with Media, Digital and Marketing Insights Manager, and report to the Marketing Manager Personal Care;
- You closely cooperate with all other business functions, namely Sales, SCM, Supply Chain, Marketing Controlling, and HR.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree;
- Relevant work experience in Marketing (preferably in FMCG or retail);
- International experience is preferred.
- You are analytical, process driven and you are able to pro-actively recognize and react to market opportunities;
- You are able to translate numbers to concrete recommendations;
- You pro-actively recognize possible opportunities and will base your actions accordingly;
- You are commercial, not afraid to take risks and you have the ability to convince others;
- You are a strong communicator, quick-witted and will always strive to achieve the best possible results;
- You are able to provide a deep understanding on the marketing mix elements;
- Has a good knowledge of the local media landscape and media trends, integrate local insights to optimize/develop communication;
- You are ambitious and driven to demand success.