Egbert Douwes and Johann Jacobs did not know where the trip would bring them, they only had the vision that everyone deserves the coffee he or she likes. And that’s what they’re still standing for. JACOBS DOUWE EGBERTS shapes the future of coffee. They are daily inspired by the belief that anything can happen over a cup of coffee. As a company focusing exclusively on coffee and tea products, they are proud to play a role in the lives of millions of people every day.
JDE Professional is the company’s B2B division, active in 30 domestic countries and 35 distributor markets. By reaching consumers when they are out of home – whether at work, in university, in hospital, in an airport or a hotel – we strengthen the core purpose of our company: to bring a coffee for every cup. JDE Professional comprises 2900 associates across the world, who are responsible for growing almost Eur1bn of highly profitable business. Together we bring our customers the Full Solution for all their hot drinks needs, under powerhouse brands such as Jacobs, Piazza D’Oro, LÓr and Douwe Egberts. We provide coffee for all occasions, in all categories, as Full Solutions which then also include tea, coffee machines, technical service and accessories (such as cups, sugar and cookies).
The Marketing Professional department is currently looking for a:
GLOBAL CATEGORY MANAGER PROFESSIONAL – Roast & Ground
In your role as the Global Category Manager for Premium Coffee, you will act as the leader of the Beans and Roast & Ground portfolio. Your role is to develop this category in all its key markets, ensuring we have innovative Full Solution propositions to offer our 100,000+ Professional customers around the world. The propositions you develop go beyond brand thinking, they also require solid commercial business cases, pricing architecture and unique points of differentiation for our customers. Though in professional we don’t own the JDE brands, you will work with colleagues in JDE Retail to ensure we are doing justice to our best premium brands and bringing them to our customers in the appropriate way.
You will report to the Global Sales & Marketing Director for Professional, Sonja Wegscheider, and you will have 2 Category Specialists reporting to you. You will act in very close cooperation with the Global Category Manager on Convenient Coffee, as well as the local Category Managers based in markets. In particular you will work closely with France, Spain, Australia and Netherlands.
- Defines, in line with the overall vision, the strategy for the Roast & Ground category within the Professional domain, consisting of concept portfolio (full solution : ingredients, equipment, service and cross selling), brand portfolio, pricing architecture, promotion guidelines and target segments and sets and evaluates category targets;
- Manages Roast & Ground category brand positioning, brand meaning & visual identity, including packaging design guidelines for Professional and equipment portfolio;
- Develop innovation ideas and requirements for the category within the Professional domain, and participate and be a key contributor in Innovation decision making (Innovation Meeting);
- Is responsible for enhancing best practices of countries within the Professional domain;
- Maintains pricing architecture and pricing and promotion guidelines for the Roast & Ground category;
- Sets and evaluates category targets, takes pro-active actions to deliver the target, globally and with the countries;
- Is responsible for budget setting with regards to the Beans, Ground & Roast category and providing input in the AOP;
- Is accountable for meeting the targets of the Roast & Ground category.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Master degree;
- Relevant Marketing experience in an Out of Home, Food Service or B2B environment;
- Relevant Category Management experience in a FMCG company.
- Simplicity: Breaks down complexity and provides clear and consistent messages;
- Entrepreneurship: Running the business as an owner and aa partner;
- Accountability: Taking charge and focusing others;
- Discipline: Driving operational and financial excellence;
- Solidarity: Releasing the power of one.