At Beiersdorf NV we are responsible for the marketing and sales results of international skin care brands like Hansaplast, Eucerin, NIVEA, Nivea for Men and Labello. Located in Amsterdam we employ approximately 80 driven and talented employees across (Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain, Finance and HR). Together we work hard, with speed and passion to realize our ambitious commercial targets.
For the Supply Chain team we are currently looking for a:
DEMAND & SUPPLY PLANNER
As a Demand & Supply Planner you are going to work as a business partner with Sales, Marketing and Finance in order to gain the “helicopter view” of the business (e.g. what is happening in-store, such as promotions, media activity etc.). You will keep the business fully informed of all relevant supply topics and deliver agreed levels of product availability. Therefore you will review on a monthly basis with Sales to accurately plan the next three month promotions. These also need to be planned on a tactical horizon using historical data in order to provide a long-term forecast of the manufacturing plans. Also, you will work closely with the production centres and will be pro-active about demand changes and any other problems that may arise.
Next to this, you will also have the following key responsibilities:
Plans and Forecast
- Reflecting a monthly based review in APO to build a bottom-up, unbiased and accurate sales forecast to be later used for the monthly S&OP cycle;
- Correctly manage stocks with the right use of safety stocks (use of the statistical and manual models);
- Calculating forecasts for new products in line with customer requirements and stock availability;
- Plan launches and/or re-launches (using RL trackers) to communicate availability dates for new products or re-launched products in a timely and accurate manner;
- Complete any reporting requirements (e.g. stock bulletin, lost sales, etc.), either locally or regionally, in an accurate and timely manner.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Academic degree;
- Professional experience, preferably in FMCG;
- Relevant working experience in a commercial / Demand & Supply Planning environment.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking;
- Fluently in Dutch and English;
- Both process and result oriented;
- Commercially minded and financial understanding;
- Performance driven, pro-active and customer orientated;
- Able to interpret large amounts of information in order to make decisions quickly and effectively;
- Can build and develop effective internal and external partnerships;
- Able to be pro-active in addressing issues and problems;
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and experience with ERP-packages (preferably in SAP).