With 38 500 employees in more than 200 countries, COLGATE PALMOLIVE is one of the most global players amongst the world’s leading consumer goods companies. Colgate clearly focuses on the development of its 17 billion $ business in 5 major categories: oral care, personal care, household cleaning, fabric care and pet nutrition. Colgate is the true global leader in the oral care market, but also holds very strong regional leading positions within the other categories. Its appealing and innovative products under brand names such as Colgate, Elmex, Palmolive, Unicura Ajax and Sanex, are part of everyday consumer’s lives.
Within our Sales department we are looking for a:
CUSTOMER DEVELOPMENT MANAGER - JUMBO & SU-leden
As Customer Development Manager you will be responsible for Key Customer Jumbo, combined with several Superunie members. In this role you should deliver budgeted sales, profit growth, & share, whilst developing the operational and strategic partnerships between Colgate Palmolive and the customer, within a sustainable, mutually profitable business model. The Customer Development Manager works intensively with the retailers and will visit the customer alone or together with your colleagues of Retail Category Development. You will report to the Customer Group Manager, Annet Hondelink. The candidate should have the capabilities to grow further into the organization in the coming years.
- Development, implementation and follow-up of customer plans reflecting shopper needs and customer needs;
- Key member of the cross-functional commercial team, consisting of CDMs, finance, retail marketing and category development, customer service & logistics;
- Relevant KPIs:
- Market shares;
- Net-sales/ POS-sales;
- Margin (absolute and %);
- Gross-to-net investments;
- ASP/ pricing;
- Forecast accuracy;
- Customer engagement
- Planning, preparation and negotiation of customerinitiatives such as promotional programs, new product introductions, annual agreements, price adjustments, category related projects, in-store initiatives etc.;
- Deliver monthly, quarterly and annual net sales/margin/profit targets by developing tailored commercial plans & actively implementing them via a Joint Business Plan;
- Build strong internal networks in order to raise the profile, business focus and support for customer;
- Ad-hoc analyses in order to enhance business opportunities;
- Proactively take on business development projects within the (international) Customer Development organization, to drive and influence the broader CP business.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- WO education level;
- Bilingual: Dutch/English;
- Relevant experience in a Customer Development role, possibly combined with Category Management or Trade Marketing experience. Preferably a minimum of 2 years’ experience in account management;
- Good knowledge & understanding of FMCG industry and Dutch Retail.
- Passionate about brands and customers;
- Strong Can-Do mentality;
- Team player (easily develops relationship with customers and key people in other functions and at other levels);
- Strong skills in leadership and communication;
- Results & profit oriented, with hands-on mentality (proper sense of urgency);
- Developed analytical skills; having the ability to translate business challenges into creative, actionable and customer oriented plans;
- Excellent trade understanding and negotiation skills.