“Our vision is for Britvic to become the most dynamic, creative and trusted soft drinks company in the world.” Britvic is one of the leading branded soft drinks businesses in Europe. The company leverages its own leading brand portfolio including Teisseire, Britvic Mixers, London Essence Company, Robinsons, Tango, Drench, J2O and Fruit Shoot as well as PepsiCo brands such as Pepsi, 7UP and Mountain Dew which Britvic produces and sells in Great Britain (“GB”) and Ireland under exclusive PepsiCo agreements.
Britvic operates outside of its core business units of UK, France and Ireland, through Britvic International. Britvic International is growing its reach into other territories through licensing and franchising agreements, and is responsible for the export business to over 50 countries around the world. Today Britvic International has over 100 people working on realizing its International ambitions. As well as dedicated resource in GB, Britvic International has people in Ireland, the USA, India, Singapore and in European markets, to support local expertise to utilise specific knowledge and understanding of the markets.
Britvic International will be a critical driver of growth for Britvic as the company points towards its ambition of joining the FTSE 100 by 2020.Today Britvic International generates around £70m in annual revenues and our ambition is to grow significantly in profit and revenue contributing to the 2020 ambitions. Strategically the priorities for growth are: expanding in existing markets to optimise current potential & moving into additional geographies.
For Britvic International we are looking for a:
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE ANALYST
This role is focussed on understanding of the business, this includes: tracking and explaining the performance as well as identifying opportunities. In short, the business intelligence analyst needs to be the first source of information. Data sources include retail sales (Nielsen), ex-factory sales, global data for which both ad hoc and standard reporting needs to be developed. A special area of interest is worldwide market data by country for which additional sources may need to be found. Tracking business performance will also include data collection through the commercial team – on topics not available in standard databases (e.g. nr. of outlets in a city). Finally, this person is also involved in ad hoc research projects where relevant.
- Nielsen reporting and analysis on performance (focused on the Benelux);
- Maintenance of the Nielsen databases (setup users with IT, updating);
- International key contact with our supplier for global beverage databases (Global Data) – Setup of reporting for international including an international data cube, and additional analysis;
- Providing worldwide country insights, find new suppliers (with the central insights team) and roll this out;
- Ex-Factory insights: Participate and in the improvement our internal sales database setup (integrate fragmented data). Help collating the data where needed on an ongoing basis. Create an annual ex-factory sales database and report. Improved monthly reporting with finance;
- Data collection and reporting on our progress with Global Premium Adult soft drinks (mixers & catering industry syrups) – lead tracking on; outlets, sales, agreements with distributors;
- Setup and maintenance of the international Insights sharepoint – This is a place where all insights are available to all international BU members. This also includes the collection a variety of related topics that benefit from central collection like trackers, brand and selling decks;
- Central Collection of brand, selling decks, and other related tools and materials;
- Setting up and executing ad hoc market research together with the central insights team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Academic degree;
- Proficient in Dutch, Fluent English speakers;
- Experience with Nielsen software;
- Experience with databases – Excel expert;
- Experience in FMCG in the Benelux preferred.
- Strong analytical skills;
- Ability to analyse in-market brand performance;
- Appreciation of cultural differences and working across different international geographies;
- Strong communication skills;
- Always looking for opportunities to improve our in-market position and execution, identifying (tactical) opportunities to deliver long-term brand growth;
- Energising internal and external partners to ensure the success of our brands in-market;
- Consistently demonstrating a hands-on, can-do approach in everything we do, accountable for delivering fantastic results and simplifying the way we do things;
- Able to work collaboratively, up-skilling and sharing best-practice so that our internal sales teams or distributor partners are able to represent our brands with passion in international markets. Ability to flex style dependent on the cultural environment in which you they are operating;
- Confident and inspiring when leading and influencing a wide range of internal and external partners. Able to cut-through ambiguity and deliver the desired outcome through the wider team;
- Builds relationships and partnerships underpinned by openness honesty and respect.