Worldwide, Groupe Pernod Ricard is co-leader in the field of wine and distilled drinks. Pernod Ricard Nederland B.V. is the Dutch marketing- and sales organization, which is part of the Group Pernod Ricard. Our consumers buy and enjoy our brands through various channels such as bars, liquor stores, supermarkets and cash and carry. Our most renowned brands include Malibu, Jameson, ABSOLUT, Chivas Regal and Jacob’s Creek. We aspire to impart leadership in which collaboration, agility, entrepreneurship and responsibility take center stage.
For the Marketing department we are currently looking for a:
BRAND MANAGER WHISKY
Supported by the Group Brand Manager and in coordination with Sales/Trade Marketing and Finance, the Brand Manager Whisky is accountable for the development and execution of the brand plans for Chivas and The Glenlivet. In addition, the Brand Manager is responsible for the tactical management of the rest of the bourbon/scotch portfolio while investigating to identify new potential opportunities in this area. The flexible character of this position and the nature of the activations in the spirit industry often requires working in the evening or during weekends.
Responsibility for the design, development and implementation of the brand strategy for Chivas, Glenlivet and potential new opportunities on Scotch/Bourbon. This includes but is not limited to:
- Annual Brand Plan;
- Design, development and implementation of the of the marketing assets to bring to life the plan across all key channels. The marketing assets may vary across the full spectrum of the mix form ATL to BTL depending on the market needs and business opportunity. The role offers a good mix of adaptation of global tools and development of locally relevant assets.
In the development and execution of the brand plans it will be a must:
- Aligning and co-creating the strategy and execution with all key stakeholders (sales, finance, business development, logistic, Global Marketing team);
- Maximizing the synergies with Western European Entity.
Brand performance responsibilities
Responsibility for the brand performance both financially (sell in) and in market competitiveness (sell out).
This includes reviewing, in collaboration with other company functions:
- Sell out performance including market, key competitors, key trends, consumer and shopper insight with the support of business development;
- Sell in performance with the support of the finance team;
- Off Trade promo analysis in cooperation with sales, finance and business development;
- Media efficiency in cooperation with the media manager;
- assessment in cooperation with the sales team of the on-trade activities;
- Full responsibility of A&P management, allocation and efficiency: working with agencies and business partners to ensure a highly effective use of the A&P.
- Being the point of contact and Pernod Ricard representative all key stakeholders internal and external to Pernod Ricard;
- Build strong relationship with the Brand Owner (Global team).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Academic degree;
- Excellent knowledge of Dutch and English;
- Relevant working experience within the FMCG market is a plus;
- Experience in the On Trade will be a plus.
- Strong brand and consumer understanding, capable of designing brand positioning, capturing consumer insight and translating them into concrete, actionable, marketing plans;
- Travel: up to 20% of the time. The position is based in Amsterdam but will require participation to events, store checks and meetings inside/outside Amsterdam or The Netherlands and outside normal office hours. Occasional travel abroad for international meetings will be required;
- A strong knowledge on PR, Influencers strategy, Digital and L3F (both on trade and off trade);
- Strong analytical skills and project management skills;
- Decisive and stress-proof;
- Ownership, entrepreneurship, team player and creativity.